Saturday, March 24, 2007

Amongst the Rabble

Yet Another Inscription Set Upon the Great Gate of Theleme
From the pen of Rabelais:
"Here enter not fond makers of demurs
In love adventures, peevish, jealous curs,
Sad pensive dotards, raisers of garboils,
Hags, goblins, ghosts, firebrands of household broils,
Nor drunkards, liars, cowards, cheaters, clowns,
Thieves, cannibals, faces o'ercast with frowns,
Nor lazy slugs, envious, covetous,
Nor blockish, cruel, nor too credulous,--
Here mangy, pocky folks shall have no place,
No ugly lusks, nor persons of disgrace.

"Grace, honour, praise, delight,
Here sojourn day and night.
Sound bodies lined
With a good mind,
Do here pursue with might
Grace, honour, praise, delight."
[Rabelais, Gargantua and Pantagruel, First Modern Library Edition, 1928.]

Imagine putting drunkards, liars, cheaters, thieves, cannibals, and faces o'ercast with frowns under the same roof. It would make a hell of a sitcom. Or a "survivor" series. [How awfully Hollywood casting couch unreal are those teevee produced "Survivor" shows--a bunch of Hollywood bartenders, waiters, cannibals, cheaters, liars, would-be bun-squeezers and prom queens, sex switchers and muddled brained latest craze mimics. Most of what's on teevee is idiotic.

Reply
I have a reply from Mark Green, new head of Air America Radio, in my mailbox but I'm not ready for it yet. I was pretty hard on Air American and Randi Rhodes in a comment on a letter Mark Green sent me explaining how Air America was America's new progressive voice, blah, blah, blah, and a whole lot of, you know, thegrowlingwolf snarling out his fang-drippings at the lot of them and calling the lot of them not progressives but just regular stupid old Dumbocratic Party line followers who were the breeders of loser candidates, especially Randi Rhodes great babbling praise of our stupid troops in Iraq and especially giving high praise to rascal generals like Wesley Clark and ex-VietNam vets in the Senate, like Murtaugh...I was pretty wolfishly vicious. But I didn't give a shit what Mark Green's reply would be, a standard bullshit statement declaring Air America importance and declaring me full of racism, professional envy, bitternesses galore, and primarily shit.

F-em. I made my statement and that's that. No rebuttals in my courtroom. I don't listen to Air America anymore.

When I open it, I'll post it--I'll even post my comment, if it's still on their site.

Another Wake-up Call From Brother Bill Moyers
I keep quoting old Uncle Bill Moyers because he's a fellow Texan with a similar growing-up experience, except old Bill follow Jesus into theology school and then into politics and I disavowed Jesus and travelled off down a path I cleared myself through the Jungle of Life. Brother Bill knows what's going on in this country--he really does; he's worked for Lyndon "Big Balls" Johnson, so Bill was there when all the VietNam mess was going on, when Johnson decided not to run for reelection in '68. Then Brother Billy became head of Long Island's newspaper Newsday and he tried to bring it up to the level of an all-New York City newspaper but he never got it that high on the newstand racks; where it is today, I don't know.

Bill hired Les Payne though as his editorial writer and old Les was a smart one he was.

Here's Bill making a speech at Occidental College out in L.A.:

http://www.commondreams.org/views07/0322-24.htm

thegrowlingwolf
for The Daily Growler

The Daily Growler has been saying the very same things Uncle Bill Moyers and all the indie newsblogs and Air America but with more venom and intelligence--Bill Moyers had 50 years to spill the beans about what was going on in Washington--now he's coming clean; why? Because Bill is on the outside when it comes to these Neo-Cons. He's on their hitlist.

The Daily Growler sees Bush and his political family as being worthy only of IMPEACHMENT and definitely prison for the rest of their dirty lives--why debate anything else? Why not attack the disease at its core?


No comments: