Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Notes From Above Ground

"Every tub gotta sit on its own bottom"
Notes: Nuts. Thoughts that came to me while I was watching a mixture of the Dodgers-Phillies NLC baseball game, the Barack Obama-Nutjob McCain "debates," and an old Boston Legal episode--watching William Shatner, not at all a good actor ever, not even now, having his last hurrah portraying a brilliant but crusty (as in Krusty the Klown) self-promoting lawyer--

First of all, the Dodgers looked great for the first game in L.A., but then, the Phillies suddenly became the greatest team in the history of the National League--they look unbeatable--their pitchers are disgustingly perfect--

Joe Torre, though the best manager in baseball at the moment, has one problem--using his pitchers. Going into these championship playoff games against the Phillies, Joe was totally dependent on Derrick Lowe, the ex-Boston late-innings reliever and then starter--bad mistake--then putting in the Double-A rookie Cory Wade--him doing his job--but then Joe leaving him in too long instead of bringing in John Broxston--another mistake--and Cory Wade gave up a blast--L.A. lost--they went into tonight 1-3--winning tonight or that's it for the Dodgers this year (they just lost--Phillies are NL champs).

Still, Joe got this .500 ball team to the NLCS--he really should have beaten the Phillies, too--it was there--Manny was there--what a great hitter Manny Ramirez is--one of the best I've ever seen--and I saw Ted Williams, so don't play me cheap! But the rest of the boyz weren't there--especially the rookie Mills--and old has-been Jeff Kent--L.A. lost two games they should have won--the pitchers letting them down in one and the hitters in this one tonight--and that's the game that's still going on tonight as I type this on my laptop up in the dreamland atmosphere of my loft bed.

The "debate"--give me a break! Bullshit. John "Nutjob" McCain is like a fish out of water--I mean, this idiot is flopping all over the joint. I watched maybe 5 minutes of this farce! Barack is so much more classier a dude than Nutjob McCain, the wreckless pilot. I loved it when Nutjob referred to the Pro-Abortion Movement in this country as though it were a terrerist organization! Abortion to this clown is simply a political device because you know damn good and well not only has Nutjob probably paid for abortions in his day but I'll almost guaran-damn-tee you his go-go boot-wearing wife has had one or certainly has girlfriends who've had abortions. I know--I have paid for 5 abortions in my Casanova days--McCain says I'm a disgusting human being! "Fuck you!, a la Unka Dick Cheney, John, you planewrecker," I holler back at Nutjob--"You stupid bastard." And though I don't find Obama that slick a debater he is clearly the superior human being between the two--brainwise and potentialwise--I mean the rebuttals he could have slammed on Nutjob; yet, he was mild--too cool for me--no mention at all of the illegal and world-damaging invasion and occupation of Iraq and how it is the reason our economy is sinking toward the bottom. McCain, too, openly and condescendingly defended nuclear energy and clean-coal energy--he snubs any notion that nuclear energy is devastatingly dangerous--no mention of Chernobyl--and Obama had a chance for a great rebuttal here, too--EXCEPT, the problem is, Obama's for nuclear energy and clean-coal energy, too! Can you imagine! These clowns promoting nuclear power plants. And no mention of how this Wall Street bailout bullshit hasn't worked. The market tucked its tail and dived today 700 points. Bailouts not working. Nationalizing banks is not working. And there was no mention of how Bush has brought us to this point with his Fascist, rather monarchical way of governing us.

And Unka Dick's heart is giving him some problems (shootin' him the finger and fixing to yell "Fuck You" at him)--it's out of sync--losing rhythm they say--and I say, that old son of a bitch never had any rhythm.

Georgia is going ahead and lynching a dude who though he had nothing to do with killing a white cop, he's guilty by association in Georgia--this in spite of most of the witnesses in his case saying they were harassed by the police (they were teenagers at the time) into giving testimony against this dude--but the Supremely Right-Wing Court gave the poor bastard a reprieve right before Georgia was going to shoot the juice to the poor sucker--but then today the Supreme Ones told Georgia to go ahead and juice the dude--GUILTY! Lynch him high!

Obama has said nothing about this case--

There's a hotel suite here in New York City that goes for $35,000-a-night. Isn't that disgusting! I suppose these hotels do this to give themselves value in their investment ratings--anyone with that much money to spend on a hotel room should be arrested as they're signing in.

Worship of the rich and famous! That's an addiction we have in this country.

And Los Angeles lost the National League title just now to the Phillies. The Phillies have been to the World Series three times in their history--never have they won one! As a kid I remember seeing the Yankees whip the Philly Whiz Kids in 1950--wiped 'em out in 4 straight--and I was a Phillies fan in those days of Granny Hamner, Eddie Waitkus, Andy Seminick, Robin Roberts, Richie Ashburn (one of the greatest hitters ever--later was a member of the very first New York Mets), but they were no match for the Yankees that year. In 1980, the Phillies had a pretty great team (Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton), but then they ran into Toronto and there went that World Series. Now? Tampa Bay is leading the Red Sox 3 games to 1 going into game 5 tomorrow night (Thurs. night) and should easily beat them for the AL Championship. Will they beat the Phillies?--probably! It'll be a great series--though I don't really give a shit who wins it--never was a great Tampa Bay fan--who was until this year? and I'm definitely not a Phillies fan.

Obama for President.

I don't give a shit who wins the World Series this year.

And, I saw a couple of commercials that gave me a good laugh--one is a Campbell's Soup commercial that says, "Nature knows just how much water vegetables need!" Isn't that a puzzling statement? First of all, who is Nature? Second of all, doesn't it matter where you plant the vegetable seeds as to how much water they're going to get whether from rain or garden hose? If Nature is a real functional controlling being, then how the hell does it know "just" how much water vegetables need? Does it know just how much water humans need? I suppose it does.

Nature is female, right?

A car commercial, all cars look alike to me, bragging about how it has side airbags--6 in all for total safety--as the ad says, "If you encounter an incident..." "An incident"? Isn't an incident totally different from an accident? "Hey, so I had a little incident with my SUV--yeah, I killed a family of five, but it was nothing significant, just an incident."

Sad news: The Christian Family Network (or whatever the fuck it's called) has given the boot to Michael Rood (a The Daily Growler Hall of Famer), the man of the Rood Awakening ("I'll see you again after the smoke clears")--he can't afford the airtime any more, he says, though he's even controversial to a nutjob Christian fundie. Shit. Michael Rood's one of my fav Christian-fundie-backwards thinkers. The only thing he says I find pretty fair is that Jesus was a Jewish reformer who continued practicing Judaism as he was teaching an Essene (a Judaic sect) form of Reformist Judaism! Jesus never intended anybody to be "Christians"--Christian Jews maybe--but rather Essene followers of the Jewish Reformer Joshua ben Joseph of Nazareth.

"I'll see you after the smoke clears,"

smokey, thegrowlingwolf
for The Daily Growler

1 comment:

Marybeth said...

"Nature knows just how much water vegetables need." Yeah, well, you're right, vegetables don't do too good when you plant them in the middle of the Sahara. Maybe Nature knows but she's feeling stingy in the Sahara and in the Gobi, too, etc. "I'm not givin' those little bastards what they need, oh no, I'm not that kind of mother. Don't want to over indulge the brats. They'll just make more of themselves." And what, pray tell, does that have to do with soup?!! What, they don't add water when they make soup at the Campbell's company? These ad wizards are mind blowingly stupid. It is laughable. I never watch TV so I miss all this good shit. I haven't watched a single debate because I don't believe in anything out there. I believe in my own mind. That's about it. And good music. And other good art, too. Alright, I believe in a few things, but not anything they tell you on the blower.