Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Animals Thinking

Especially Me
Because I recognize the "animal" that is basically me and I've chosen the wolf to represent it ("it's" my instinctual longings). The wolf, like to the Boy Scouts, has become my personal totem because of its amazing ability to survive in the most wilderness of environments. And, too, I also picked the wolf for the same reason Chester Burnett the American-music innovator chose the wolf for his otherside identity, because of the wolf inside him being the way the blues made him feel and affecting his playing and singing the blues, the wolf howlin' becoming the song itself and the message being the pleasure of getting things off your chest in a way that attracted others to his song, gobs of others, and then his music suddenly became a releasing kind of movement and soon the whole room was "howling" and wolf dancing, dancing up the curtains, up the walls, into the rafters--and as I've reiterated over and over in these epistles, to a wolf his howl is his song--and, of course, I'm prejudicially talking as a MALE wolf--I've heard some sweet howlin' women in my day but I don't know if they identified with the wolf or not; all I know is MALE identity, and this male identifies with the good ole wolf. All of this is MALE reasoning. Jesus, I'm trashing myself but I must be honest. MALE reasoning has gotten the animal world to its current state. There have been female dominant animal societies in our histories but I don't know...it is so early in female dominance's making its comeback--like getting the right to vote in this country--or the right to smoke cigarettes in public--or the right to wear skirts high above their knees much less their ankles. I see slinkily dressed women as great revolutionaries, unless they are trend followers, then they're merely copycats and we wolves have no room for copycats in our wilderness.

I mean why's it OK for males to parade around half naked, you know, in guinea tees, or hell, the real studs take their tops off while working and women go gah-gah over those guys, not the culturally evolved man who sees such pomposity as just too basely instinctual for him, the thinking animal; yet, dear thinkers, isn't it animal to attract each other? and isn't it animal for males to dominate the fields and the outer worlds and for females to dominate the central villages (aha, I'm using some Hillary Clinton on ya here) and dominate the bloodlines, blah, blah, blah. Of course, all concentric circular theories of societal form and urban development are being proven BS. Computers have been able to put these subjective thinkings into concrete form through assimilation and modeling and such so that now, a good sociologist can construct all types of models of societal existences, whether urban or rural, or even whether terrestrial or celestial! Just think of what computers are allowing the simplest of us to do these days. Hey, here I sit rapping away on this Toshiba laptop (I'm editing this on a Mac G4) knowing full well that what I'm hacking out here on this sweet-acting Toshiba keyboard (I'm rejoicing with my Mac G4, too) [remember, I was in the advertising game for many moons], loving Toshiba Satellites and Tecras (and Macs and iMacs) like I do, will eventually be glanced at by perhaps hundreds and actually read by maybe two--who cares, I say, as long as though two people are reading it.

Let me tell you, I worked like a dog for ten years trying to get a publisher interested in a novel I had written that I thought was very innovative and at least worth a first-book risk, the plot being so clever that surely with a little promotion it could at least sell out a first printing of 5,000--most publishers then published first editions of 5,000, which was a huge number for a first-book novelist to hope for without major publicity, meaning stacks and stacks of clippings from your clipping service of reviews and at least some ads in some of the presses--you see where I'm going? You should; you are a thinking animal, the best thinking animal there is, though I was watching a pack of wolves on one of those endless PBS Nature series the other night and they looked like they were pretty happy--eatin' good, lookin' good, cubs happy--god-damn those nature photographers and cinematographers make a hell of a lot of money shooting the same series over and over year after year--the first wolf series is replaced by a new wolf series, etc., etc. (now there is a dude in the world who actually believes he knows wolf ways well enough to live in the wilderness with wild wolves (all his friends say he's nuts, including his wife)--new nature films coming out almost as fast as new Ken Burns creations (I see in Ken Burns's new portrait of WWII there are no Latino-American troopers--"Aw shucks, I just couldn't find any spics or greasers still alive from that war, sorry").

And, now, with my 4 computers going full blast, I can publish my own books!!

Hey, let's see a pack of monkeys beat me at this monkey business.

By the bye, have you seen the news that Cheeta, yep, Johnny Weismueller's co-star equal in all those cheesy WWII Tarzan movies, is now the oldest-ever living chimpanzee--chimpanzee, hell, how about just plain old monkey. Chita's 75 years old (born in 1932). Hot damn, good for you, Cheeta. The Daily Growler will definitely induct Cheeta into our Human Hall of Fame.

thegrowlingwolf
the The Daily Growler

Cheeta

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about a famous chimpanzee. For the feline animal, see Cheetah.
Cheeta with Lex Barker
Cheeta with Lex Barker

Cheeta aka "Jiggs" (born April 9, 1932) is a male chimpanzee noted for appearing in numerous movies and television shows, most famously many Hollywood Tarzan films of the 1930s and 1940s, in which he portrayed a fictional chimp of the same name.

The role of Cheeta was originally played by a different chimpanzee, who appeared as such in the first two Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan films, Tarzan the Ape Man (1932) and Tarzan and His Mate (1934). The first movie appearance of the chimpanzee who is the subject of this article was in the latter, in which he appeared uncredited as a young chimpanzee riding on the back of the original Cheeta. He was cast in the role of Cheeta himself in the other Weissmuller Tarzans that followed. Cheeta also appeared in Doctor Dolittle (1967) with Rex Harrison, the chimp's last role before retirement.




No comments: